STAFF PHYSICIAN – PEDIATRIC
THIS POSITION IS EXEMPT FROM CIVIL SERVICE
DATE POSTED: March 20, 2018
JOB STATUS: Permanent/Full-time
JOB LOCATION: Kalaheo, Poipu, Port Allen and Waimea, Kauai, Hawaii
FUNCTION: This position functions as a staff physician for the Kauai Region of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. The Staff Physician is responsible for providing professional and quality care for inpateints as well as outpatient primary care needs. Position is subject to work at any facility location, with clinic hours based upon operational needs, to include weekends or holidays. Position may also be assigned to work within the Hospital Facilities, based upon operational needs. Performs other duties as assigned.
Position reports to the Clinic Operations Director.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of medicine/osteopathy with a Doctor of Medicine/Osteopathy degree and completion of a residency program accredited by the American Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association.B. Certification: BLS and ACLS are required within three months of employment. Must be credentialed by KVMH Medical Staff Office prior to employment.
- F. Board certification by appropriate certification organization is required within three years of employment unless specifically exempted by the RCEO.
- E. Current registration with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and a current State Controlled Substance license from the State of Hawaii Department of Public Safety’s (DPS) Narcotics Enforcement Division (NED).
- D. Physician shall be duly licensed and qualified as a doctor of medicine or osteopathy to practice medicine in the State, and shall be approved for Active Staff membership and clinical privileges on the Medical Staff of the Hospital in accordance with the Hospital’s Medical Staff bylaws and Rules and Regulations. Physician shall also be approved for, and maintain throughout the term of this Agreement, Active Medical Staff membership and appropriate clinical privileges at the Hospital. Physician is further required to maintain membership in good standing in Kauai Medical Associates, an independent physician association.
- C. Licensure: Possession of a current license to practice medicine in the State of Hawaii.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org