DATE POSTED: October 13, 2020
JOB STATUS: Full-Time/Contracted
JOB LOCATION: Kauai Veterans Memorial Hospital, Waimea, Kauai, Hawaii
FUNCTION AND LOCATION: This position is located in the Retail Pharmacy Department of Kauai Region Healthcare Enterprises. The Kauai Region Healthcare Enterprises is a 501c3 tax exempt organization of which the HHSC –Kauai Region is its sole member. The HHSC Kauai Region consists of Kauai Veterans Memorial Hospital (KVMH), Samuel Mahelona Memorial Hospital (SMMH), and Kauai Region Clinics, part of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation (HHSC), a public benefit corporation of the State of Hawaii.
The Retail Pharmacy Department supplies medication prescriptions and DME in an outpatient setting. The primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Start-up of the retail pharmacy outlet
- Implementation and optimization of the retail pharmacy EMR solution
- Implementation and optimization of the 340B retail pharmacy program
Candidates must have current working knowledge of retail pharmacy with proven experience working in a managerial role of a pharmacy; be extremely computer literate and have an aptitude for learning; is able to provide clear and concise instructions to others; has excellent verbal, written, and communication skills; have strong time management and organizational skills; and be self-driven and motivated to increase efficiency and performance. Position will report directly to the Regional Chief Executive Officer.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements. Please note that unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience are credited based on a 40-hour workweek.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a baccalaureate or doctorate degree (PharmD) in pharmacy.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional work experience as a licensed pharmacist.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional retail pharmacy experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years 340B experience of which must have been gained within the last twelve (12) months.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional managerial experience of which must have been gained within the last six (6) months.
License: Possession of an active and unencumbered license to practice as a pharmacist in the State of Hawaii.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Seeking personal abilities that include communication (both oral and written), deep knowledge of drugs, medical procedures and therapies, diagnosis and disease states, and some pharmacokinetics. Skills in working with technical automated equipment and information systems are an added value. Other desired skills:
- Analyzing information and developing action plans that focus on delivery quality care
- Administering medication
- Strong working knowledge of FDA health regulations
- Managing processes
- Legal compliance
- Productivity measurement and benchmark trending
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as government regulations and guidelines, patient records, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, etc.
- Ability to write at a minimal level of competence, including internal reports and memorandums.
- Ability to communicate with diverse groups of people to include staff and providers and patients.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and their families to make their visit a pleasant experience.
- Sensitivity to the multicultural nature of the service area population and may be required to communicate in another language.
Confidential and Sensitive Information: Because candidates have access to personal and professional data regarding individual employees and their families, personal data regarding individual patients and the families, and/or sensitive company financial data, an essential job result is the maintenance of a high level of confidentiality of the information processed by the employee. Violation of this confidence may result in disciplinary action, including termination of employment.
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must be physically able to perform, efficiently and effectively, the essential duties of the position which typically require the ability to read without strain printed material the size of typewritten characters, glasses permitted, and the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, or the ability to compensate satisfactorily.
Mental/Emotional Requirements: All applicants must possess emotional and mental stability appropriate to the job duties and responsibilities and working conditions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com