DATE POSTED: February 28, 2022
POSITION TITLE: PER DIEM RETAIL PHARMACIST
Candidates must have current working knowledge of retail pharmacy with proven experience working in a a pharmacy; be extremely computer literate and have an aptitude for learning; is able to provide clear and concise instructions to others; has excellent verbal, written, and communication skills; have strong time management and organizational skills; and be self-driven and motivated to increase efficiency and performance. This position will report directly to the Lead Retail Pharmacist, or its designee.
STATUS: Per Diem (0.30 FTE)
LOCATION: This position is located in Kawaiola Pharmacy at Kaua’i Veterans Memorial Hospital of Kaua’i Region Healthcare Enterprises. The Kaua’i Region Healthcare Enterprises is a 501c3 tax exempt organization of which the HHSC –Kaua’i Region is its sole member. The HHSC Kaua’i Region consists of Kaua’i Veterans Memorial Hospital (KVMH), Samuel Mahelona Memorial Hospital (SMMH), and Kaua’i Region Clinics, which are part of the Hawai’i Health Systems Corporation (HHSC), a public benefit corporation of the State of Hawai’i.
The Kawaiola Pharmacy supplies medication prescriptions and DME in an outpatient setting. Under the general supervision of a higher level licensed pharmacist, this position dispenses drugs, medicines, chemicals and other pharmaceutical preparations according to prescriptions of physicians, dentists and other licensed practitioners; stores, preserves and maintains records of drugs and pharmaceuticals; and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ten (10) paid holidays each year
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Accumulation
- Medical, Dental and Prescription plans
- 401k Retirement, Group Life Insurance, and Accidental Death/Injury plans
- Flex Spending Account (FSA) plan
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements. Please note that unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience are credited based on a 40-hour workweek.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a baccalaureate or doctorate degree (PharmD) in pharmacy.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional work experience as a licensed pharmacist.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional retail pharmacy experience.
- Minimum 3 years 340B experience of which must have been gained within the last 12 month.
License: Possession of an active and unencumbered license to practice as a pharmacist in the State of Hawai’i.
DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
Seeking personal abilities that include communication (both oral and written), deep knowledge of drugs, medical procedures and therapies, diagnosis and disease states, and some pharmacokinetics. Skills in working with technical automated equipment and information systems are an added value. Other desired skills:
- Analyzing information and developing action plans that focus on delivery quality care
- Administering medication
- Strong working knowledge of FDA health regulations
- Managing processes
- Legal compliance
- Productivity measurement and benchmark trending
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as government regulations and guidelines, patient records, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, etc.
- Ability to write at a minimal level of competence, including internal reports and memorandums.
- Ability to communicate with diverse groups of people to include staff and providers and patients.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and their families to make their visit a pleasant experience.
- Sensitivity to the multicultural nature of the service area population and may be required to communicate in another language.
Confidential and Sensitive Information: Because candidates have access to personal and professional data regarding individual employees and their families, personal data regarding individual patients and the families, and/or sensitive company financial data, an essential job result is the maintenance of a high level of confidentiality of the information processed by the employee. Violation of this confidence may result in disciplinary action, including termination of employment.
Applicants must be physically able to perform, efficiently and effectively, the essential duties of the position which typically require the ability to read without strain printed material the size of typewritten characters, glasses permitted, and the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, or the ability to compensate satisfactorily.
Mental/Emotional Requirements: All applicants must possess emotional and mental stability appropriate to the job duties and responsibilities and working conditions.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for Hawai’i Health Systems Corporation. After receiving a conditional offer of employment, all prospective new HHSC employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New employees are required to provide confirmation of their full vaccination status by presenting their CDC vaccination card or VAMS Certificate prior to their start date.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com