- 13 paid holidays each year (14 during election years)
- 21 paid vacation days per year
- 21 paid sick days per year
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans
- Retirement and Deferred Compensation plans
- Loan Repayment & Scholarship Programs
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements. Please note that unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience may not be gained concurrently. In addition, qualifying work experiences are credited based on a 40-hour workweek. All applicants are required to provide evidence of all applicable education, licenses, and certifications.
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Graduation from a nursing program with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is highly desirable.
Licensure: Valid, active license to practice as a professional nurse in the State of Hawai’i. Applicants must submit evidence of current Hawai’i RN licensure (a copy of a valid license).
Certification: Current certification issued by the American Heart Association for Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Workers.
General Experience: Six (6) months of professional nursing work experience.
- Of the six (6) months of professional nursing experience, six (6) months must have been in Urgent Care or Emergency Services, where the employee independently demonstrated critical thinking skills and the knowledge that is age specific.
- Intravenous (IV) and phlebotomy skills preferred.
- Experienced with triage, assisting with minor procedures, CLIA waived testing, and scheduling diagnostic exams.
DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of: Nursing theory and practice, technique and procedures; biological, physical, social, and medicinal sciences as related to the nursing theory and practice; nursing techniques and procedures; nursing literature and current trends and developments in nursing hospital/institution nursing programs and current trends and procedures necessary for their implementation.
Familiarity with standards, regulations, requirements of Medicare, Medicaid, TJC, procedures used in surveillance and control of Clinic/ Hospital facility infections.
Ability to: plan and schedule the work of others and utilize the principles and practices of supervision; apply nursing theory and practice in planning and giving nursing care; recognize, interpret and evaluate symptoms of patient’s condition; and take appropriate action; initiate and maintain working relationships with members of the medical staff, administration, nursing and other departments and agencies affiliated with the hospital.
HEALTH & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must meet the health and physical requirements deemed necessary to effectively and safely perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com