DATE POSTED: August 8 2019
JOB STATUS: Permanent/Full-time
SALARY: $4,211/month (SR20/BU13)**Includes a shortage differential**Step C
JOB LOCATION: Regional – Kauai Veterans Memorial Hospital & Samuel Mahelona Memorial Hospital Kauai, HI
EDUCATION LEVEL: 4-Year Degree
FUNCTION: This position is located in the Social Services Department of Kauai Veterans Memorial & Samuel Mahelona Memorial Hospital . KVMH & SMMH is part of the Kauai Region, Hawaii Health Systems Corporation, a public benefit corporation of the State of Hawaii operating 12 facilities statewide.
The Social Services unit provides social services to patients and/or family through individual or group conferences to assist in restoring patient’s optimum social and health adjustment by providing medical care and social and economic advice. Identifies, problem solves and makes referrals to other community agencies to meet the patient’s and family’s needs.
The Social Worker III is responsible for working with the Social Worker IV on admission assessments and ongoing casework in the Nursing Facility at both KVMH and SMMH locations. This includes admission/quarterly/annual assessments, counseling interventions with residents/families, crisis intervention, planning and implementation of behavioral strategies to meet psycho-social needs, coordination of discharge planning, participation in interdisciplinary care plan meetings and Resident Council meetings. This position may also lead or assist with cases as assigned in the medical/surgical unit, ICU, ED, and OB/GYN.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements. Please note that unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience are credited based on a 40-hour workweek.
Education. Satisfactory completion of a four-year course leading to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum of 12 semester credit hours in such courses as psychology, sociology, social welfare, social work or other related social science.
Experience : preferably in a healthcare setting:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum of 12 semester credit hours in such courses as psychology, sociology, social welfare, social work or other related social science and one and one-half (1-1/2) years of social work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work from an accredited university and one (1) year of social work experience.
- Successful completion of two years of graduate study in an accredited school of social work plus one-half (1/2) year of social work experience.
- Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of social work.
Licensure: A current licensed social worker is preferred.
- Recruitment posting are continuous until needs are met
- All job vacancies will be posted for a minimum of ten (10) calendar days
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com