DATE POSTED: October 13, 2023
POSITION TITLE: ADVANCED PRACTICE PROVIDER
STATUS: Exempt | Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
LOCATION: This is a regional position located under the Kaua’i Region Medical Group (KRMG), a 501c3 tax-exempt organization of which the Hawai’i Health Systems Corporation (HHSC) Kaua’i Region is its sole member. HHSC Kaua’i Region includes Kaua’i Veterans Memorial Hospital (KVMH), Samuel Mahelona Memorial Hospital (SMMH), and the Kaua’i Region Clinics, which consists of The Clinic at Waimea, The Clinic at Port Allen, The Clinic at Kalāheo, The Specialty Clinic at Kalāheo, The Clinic/Urgent Care at Po’ipū, and The Clinic at Kapa’a.
JOB FUNCTIONS: We are in search of a dedicated, compassionate Advanced Practice Provider (APP), either a Physician’s Assistant or Nurse Practitioner, who is committed to delivering the highest quality general medical care to HHSC Kaua’i Region’s patients for the Family Practice and/or Internal Medicine specialties. This includes, but is not limited to the direct care and treatment of our patients; leading and performing patient evaluations, treatment, and specialized technical procedures; serving as a clinical resource to staff and physicians; facilitating the health education of family members, referrals to other disciplines and consultations with other allied clinicians; and any other duties as assigned. To be successful in this position, candidates must have strong clinical knowledge in order to deliver accurate diagnoses solely based on visual and auditory indicators. Candidates must also be able to demonstrate excellent decision-making skills; possess strong compassion and problem-solving skills; excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to relate to patients and their families; ability to organize work, prioritize, and multi-task; exceptional understanding of various diseases; ability to think strategically; and excellent bedside manner. This position reports directly to the Regional Chief Medical Officer (RCMO).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements. Please note that unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience are credited based on a 40-hour workweek. All applicants are required to provide evidence of all applicable education, licenses, and certifications.
Education: Graduation from a physician assistants training program approved and accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditations of the American Medical Association (AMA) or Master’s Degree in Nursing or a current certification for specialized and advance nursing practice in specialty area from an accredited program approved by a national certifying body recognized by the Board of Nursing.
- Possession of a current license to practice as a Physician’s Assistant in the State of Hawai’i.
- Recognition as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) from the State of Hawaii Board of Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner at the time of appointment.
- Recognition as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with Prescriptive Authority (non-controlled substance or controlled substance) from the State of Hawaii, Dept. of Commerce & Consumer Affairs at the time of appointment
- Current certifications issued by the American Heart Association for Healthcare Workers in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) at the time of appointment.
- Current certification from the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) or National Certifying Exam developed by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) or American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) is preferred.
Experience: Three (3) to five (5) years of professional working experience as a licensed Physician’s Assistant or licensed Nurse Practitioner.
HEALTH & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must meet the health and physical requirements deemed necessary to effectively and safely perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com