DATE POSTED: May 09, 2023
POSITION TITLE: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH THERAPIST
STATUS: EXEMPT – Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
LOCATION: This position is located in the Behavioral Health, or Psychiatric, department at Samuel Mahelona Memorial Hospital (SMMH) of Kaua’i Region Healthcare Enterprises, a 501c3 tax-exempt organization of which the Hawai’i Health Systems Corporation (HHSC) Kaua’i Region is its sole member. HHSC Kaua’i Region includes Kaua’i Veterans Memorial Hospital (KVMH), SMMH, and the Kaua’i Region Clinics, which consists of The Clinic at Waimea, The Clinic at Port Allen, The Clinic at Kalāheo, The Specialty Clinic at Kalāheo, The Clinic/Urgent Care at Po’ipū, and The Clinic at Kapa’a.
The Behavioral Health department provides nursing, social work, and ancillary health services to involuntary and voluntary patients with acute and/or chronic psychiatric and behavioral problems.
JOB FUNCTIONS: The Behavioral Health Therapist will be directly involved with the behavioral health programs of HHSC Kaua’i Region by providing direct assessment, counseling and group therapy services to the Dual Diagnosis Substance Use Disorders (SUD) and Severely Mentally Ill (SMI) populations in adult and adolescent programs, including in-patient, intensive outpatient, group, family and individual outpatient settings. In addition, the incumbent cooperates with the nursing and medical staff to plan and provide psychiatric patient care, including any other duties as assigned.
- 10 paid holidays each calendar year;
- Paid, medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans;
- Retirement and Group Life Insurance plans;
- Personal Time Off (PTO), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flex Spending Account (FSA), etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements. Please note that unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience are credited based on a 40-hour workweek. Applicants are also required to provide evidence of education, licensure and certifications.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school with a degree that allows licensure in Clinical Psychology or Clinical Social Work.
Licensure: Current, valid license to practice in the State of Hawai’i.
Certifications: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Workers issued by the American Heart Association.
- Ability to be credentialed for all insurance payors.
- Two (2) years of work experience in treating patients with dual diagnosis, SUD, and severe mental illness, and leading group therapy.
Applicants must be physically able to perform, efficiently and effectively, the essential duties of the position which typically require the ability to read without strain printed material the size of typewritten characters, glasses permitted, and the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, or the ability to compensate satisfactorily.
- Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, repetitive arm/hand motions.
- Frequent: standing, walking, sitting, stopping/bending, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods, frequent gripping of an object.
- Occasional: twisting body, lifting and pushing/pulling.
- Operates a variety of medical equipment, computer, telephone, pager.
- Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
- Travel to multiple sites will be required.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals and infectious agents is an occupational risk; therefore, standard safety regulations must be maintained to avoid contamination.
Mental/Emotional Requirements: All applicants must possess emotional and mental stability appropriate to the job duties and responsibilities and working conditions.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for Hawai’i Health Systems Corporation. After receiving a conditional offer of employment, all prospective new HHSC employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New employees are required to provide confirmation of their full vaccination status by presenting their CDC vaccination card or VAMS Certificate prior to their start date.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org