***IMMEDIATE VACANCIES UNTIL NEEDS ARE MET***
DATE POSTED: Updated May 24, 2023
POSITION TITLE: CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE – FULL PERFORMANCE
STATUS: Permanent / Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
SALARY: $3,696 per month | HE04 | BU10
LOCATIONS: These positions are located in various Nursing Services (Long Term Care, Medical/Surgical, etc.) departments of HHSC Kaua’i Region. Kaua’i Veterans Memorial Hospital (KVMH), Samuel Mahelona Memorial Hospital (SMMH), and The Kaua’i Region Clinics, which consist of The Clinic at Waimea, The Clinic at Port Allen, The Clinic at Kalāheo, The Specialty Clinic at Kalāheo, The Clinic/Urgent Care at Po’ipū, and The Clinic at Kapa’a are all part of the Kaua’i Region, Hawai’i Health Systems Corporation, a public benefit corporation of the State of Hawai’i. Please see below a listing of available positions in their respective locations.
JOB FUNCTIONS: These positions are responsible for providing direct patient care through the performance of a variety of nursing support tasks in accordance with established methods and procedures. The position may work on rotating shifts and in a variety of care units (e.g., SNF, ICF, medical, surgical, etc.). The position may also provide home care for patients. In addition, these positions are subject to cross-training and may be assigned to float and assist other departments within the facility as needed.
Candidates must be available to work shifts, weekends, and holidays, based on hospital/clinic operation needs. Services are provided 24/7.
Samuel Mahelona Memorial Hospital – Kapa’a, Kaua’i, HI
Long Term Care
- #20776 – posted on 05/09/2023
- #28041 – posted on 05/09/2023
- 13 paid holidays each year (14 during election years)
- 21 paid vacation days per year
- 21 paid sick days per year
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans
- Retirement and Deferred Compensation plans
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements. Please note that unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience are credited based on a 40-hour workweek. All applicants are required to provide evidence of all applicable education, licenses, and certifications.
- Applicants must have a current State of Hawai’i Nurse Aide Certificate and have completed a State approved training program, at the time of appointment, which demonstrates knowledge of basic nursing skills (i.e., taking vital signs, measuring output, recognition of abnormal signs and symptoms, etc.); the aging process; first aid; patient rights; universal precautions; infection control; body mechanics; purpose and benefits of activities of daily living (i.e., eating/feeding, providing fluids, bathing, dressing, etc.); purpose and benefits of restorative care (i.e., use and application of assistive devices; a range of motion activities; bowel and bladder training; correct use of bed pans, urinals, and/or commodes, etc.); and basic medical and nursing terminology.
- Current certification issued by the American Heart Association for Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Workers.
Experience: One (1) year of work experience in a health facility such as a hospital or similar medically oriented institution where the primary or basic objective was to observe and report on a variety of physical and/or mental symptoms and conditions and implement care and/or treatment procedures for a caseload of patients. Such experience must have demonstrated knowledge of basic nursing skills (i.e., taking vital signs, measuring output, recognition of abnormal signs and symptoms, etc.); first aid; patient rights; universal precautions; infection control; body mechanics; principles of growth and development; purpose and benefits of activities of daily living (i.e., eating/feeding, providing fluids, bathing, dressing, etc.); purpose and benefits of restorative care (i.e., use and application of assistive devices, range of motion activities, etc.); basic medical and nursing terminology; and the ability to assist and participate in the activities of the treatment team; assess each patient’s age specific needs, and independently provide age specific direct personal care services to a caseload of patients.
DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of: Personal hygiene and bodily care; multiple/differing cultures; oral and written communication skills; good observation skills and ability to recall and report/document a series of events accurately; positive attitude; tolerant of unusual, irritating behavior (e.g., slow, repetitive, forgetful, confused, incontinent, messy).
Ability to: Read, write, speak and understand simple sentences in English; follow oral and written instructions precisely; get along well with others; acquire and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward patients with a variety of disabilities; retain emotional stability despite emotional and physical pressures; develop an appreciation of nursing and medical ethics.
Personal Characteristics: Patience, tact, even temperament in meeting and dealing with others, and productive work habits.
Applicants must be physically able to perform, efficiently and effectively, the essential duties of the position which typically require the ability to read without strain printed material the size of typewritten characters, glasses permitted, and the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, or the ability to compensate satisfactorily.
Mental/Emotional Requirements: All applicants must possess emotional and mental stability appropriate to the job duties and responsibilities and working conditions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com