DATE POSTED: May 30, 2023
POSITION TITLE: DIRECTOR OF BEHAVIORAL HEALTH THERAPY
STATUS: EXEMPT Permanent / Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
LOCATION: This position is located in the Behavioral Health, or Psychiatric, department at Samuel Mahelona Memorial Hospital (SMMH) of Kaua’i Region Healthcare Enterprises, a 501c3 tax-exempt organization of which the Hawai’i Health Systems Corporation (HHSC) Kaua’i Region is its sole member. HHSC Kaua’i Region includes Kaua’i Veterans Memorial Hospital (KVMH), SMMH, and the Kaua’i Region Clinics, which consists of The Clinic at Waimea, The Clinic at Port Allen, The Clinic at Kalāheo, The Specialty Clinic at Kalāheo, The Clinic/Urgent Care at Po’ipū, and The Clinic at Kapa’a.
The Behavioral Health department provides nursing, social work, and ancillary health services to involuntary and voluntary patients with acute and/or chronic psychiatric and behavioral problems.
JOB FUNCTIONS: The Director of Behavioral Health Therapy is primarily responsible to plan and implement, in coordination with the nursing, medical staff and administrative leaders, the therapeutic/ counseling/ case management services in all elements of existing and new service lines including adult and adolescent programs, in all behavioral health inpatient, intensive outpatient, group, family and individual outpatient settings. This role may include providing mostly direct care and services initially and as the programs grow and are implemented, increasing administrative duties such as but not limited to, recruiting and retaining staff, training the clinical team for each program element and providing supervision and administration of the staff, including any other duties as assigned.
- 10 paid holidays each calendar year;
- Paid, medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans;
- Retirement and Group Life Insurance plans;
- Personal Time Off (PTO), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flex Spending Account (FSA), etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements. Please note that unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience are credited based on a 40-hour workweek. Applicants are required to provide evidence of education, licenses, and certifications.
Education: Master’s degree in social work services or Ph.D. in Psychology or Clinical Psychology from an accredited college or university.
Licensure: Current, valid license to practice in the State of Hawai’i.
Certifications: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Workers issued by the American Heart Association.
- Ability to be credentialed for all insurance payors.
- Two (2) years of work experience in treating patients with severe mental illness and substance use disorders in inpatient, outpatient, group and individual settings.
- One (1) year of administrative experience in leading a clinical team.
Applicants must be physically able to perform, efficiently and effectively, the essential duties of the position which typically require the ability to read without strain printed material the size of typewritten characters, glasses permitted, and the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, or the ability to compensate satisfactorily.
- Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, repetitive arm/hand motions.
- Frequent: standing, walking, sitting, stopping/bending, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods, frequent gripping of an object.
- Occasional: twisting body, lifting and pushing/pulling.
- Operates a variety of medical equipment, computer, telephone, pager.
- Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
- Travel to multiple sites will be required.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals and infectious agents is an occupational risk; therefore, standard safety regulations must be maintained to avoid contamination.
Mental/Emotional Requirements: All applicants must possess emotional and mental stability appropriate to the job duties and responsibilities and working conditions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com