DATE POSTED: September 27, 2023 ***Updated on October 17, 2023***
POSITION TITLE: HOSPITAL SECURITY AGENT
STATUS: 2 – Permanent | Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
LOCATION: This position is located at Samuel Mahelona Memorial Hospital (SMMH), but serves all HHSC Kaua’i Region facilities which also consists of: Kaua’i Veterans Memorial Hospital (KVMH) and the Kaua’i Region Clinics, which include: The Clinic at Waimea, The Clinic at Port Allen, The Clinic at Kalāheo, The Specialty Clinic at Kalāheo, The Clinic/Urgent Care Clinic at Po’ipū, and The Clinic at Kapa’a. The Kaua’i Region is part of the Hawai’i Health Systems Corporation (HHSC), a public benefit corporation of the State of Hawai’i.
JOB FUNCTIONS: The Hospital Security Agent is responsible for policing hospital buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry; assists staff with unruly visitors and patients, alleviates plant safety and environmental conditions; as well as any other duties as assigned. This position reports to the Regional Manager of Security Services, position no. 109840, or its designee.
Candidates must be able to work shifts, weekends, holidays and must be available to travel between the Kaua’i Region facilities on a regular basis.
- 10 paid holidays each calendar year;
- Paid, medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans;
- Retirement and Group Life Insurance plans;
- Personal Time Off (PTO), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flex Spending Account (FSA), etc.
- Loan Repayment & Scholarship Programs
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements. Please note that unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience are credited based on a 40-hour workweek. All applicants are required to provide evidence of all applicable education, licenses, and certifications.
Education: None required.
Licensure: Licensed to work in the State of Hawai’i as a Security Officer; Must possess a current, valid Hawai’i driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English and follow written and oral instructions.
- Up to 3 months on-the-job training to learn location of safety and plant equipment.
- Possess a minimum of three (3) years of security officer experience.
- Must possess critical thinking; situational awareness; good judgment and decision making; physical strength and stamina.
- Ability to work independently.
- May be required to work shifts, weekends, holidays, and travel between facilities on a regular basis.
Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association in Health Care Provider (adult, child and infant) AND Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) certification within three (3) months of employment.
DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- De-escalation techniques.
- Ability to interpret and enforce facility rules and regulations.
- Ability to thoroughly investigate and report incidents/events.
- Able to perform report writing.
- Function decisively and with authority in crisis situations.
- Deal effectively with hostile individuals.
- Communicate information clearly and concisely to patients, personnel, and the general public.
- Operation communication systems.
- Deal tactfully with coworkers, patients, and the general public.
HEALTH & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must meet the health and physical requirements deemed necessary to effectively and safely perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com