DATE POSTED: Updated on May 24, 2023
POSITION TITLE: INFORMATIONAL SYSTEMS SPECIALIST IV
STATUS: Permanent / Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
SALARY: $4,692 per month | SR22 | BU13
LOCATION: This position is located in the Information Technology (IT) department at Waimea, Kaua’i, Hawai’i at Kaua’i Veterans Memorial Hospital (KVMH) of the Hawai’i Health Systems Corporation (HHSC) Kaua’i Region. KVMH, along with Samuel Mahelona Memorial Hospital (SMMH) and The Kaua’i Region Clinics, which consists of The Clinic at Waimea, The Clinic at Port Allen, The Clinic at Kalāheo, The Specialty Clinic at Kalāheo, The Clinic/Urgent Care at Po’ipū, and The Clinic at Kapa’a, are all part of a public benefit corporation of the State of Hawai’i.
The IT department is responsible for providing overall planning, analysis, development, improvement, and evaluation of the Kaua’i Region’s information technology systems; provides for integrated, computer-assisted recording, classifying, summarizing, transmitting, storing, and retrieving of clinical and management information.
JOB FUNCTIONS: The Informational Systems Specialist (ISS) IV serves as a systems/networks analyst and as the liaison between the IT department and the users of the automated systems of the Kaua’i Region facilities. This position is responsible for implementing and maintaining computer networks, servers, workstations, and software to support the effective use of processes and data for Kaua’i Region facilities. This position works in coordination with corporate information technology staff operating and managing the servers and network technology tools in other HHSC regions/locations (East Hawai’i, West Hawai’i, O’ahu). All duties and responsibilities will be mutually allocated between each Kaua’i Region facility, based on their respective needs and criteria. This position provides leave coverage for other members of the data processing team in the region. The ISS IV reports to the Information Technology Manager I (Regional Supervisor) position no. 57592, or its designee.
- 13 paid holidays each year (14 during election years)
- 21 paid vacation days per year
- 21 paid sick days per year
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans
- Retirement and Deferred Compensation plans
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements. Please note that unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience are credited based on a 40-hour workweek. All applicants are required to provide evidence of all applicable education, licenses, and certifications.
Education: Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university. Major coursework in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or a closely related field is preferred.
Licensure: None required.
Certification: None required.
Specialized Experience: Two and one half (2 ½) years of progressively responsible work experience in information technology which involved systems analysis, design, programming, security and access management, database design and management, consulting, and/or installing and maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and web or network infrastructure equipment. The work must have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information technology principles, methods, techniques, and practices; computer hardware, software, and peripheral equipment; and personal computer, server, mini, and/or mainframe operating systems.
- One (1) year experience in a health care system and setting preferred.
- Experience and basic knowledge in the following environment and systems:
- LAN and WAN environments with Server 2003/2008, Exchange, and other network-related tools for systems and network administration are utilized.
- LAN/WAN environment where coordination with the corporate office and other regional offices is required.
- High level of competency with the installation of wiring, network equipment, servers, workstations, MS Office applications, and working knowledge of PC business applications and database programs.
- Cisco WAPs, WAP Controllers, and ISE servers.
- High level of competency in Server enclaves and services provided, Active Directory and Group Policy, Third-Party patching, and Unattended Remote Control.
- Network security applications and tools.
- General MS Office Professional Application software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook.
- General support applications – MS Project. VISIO.
- Website design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Other applications – Communications. Hospital-specific applications.
- Systems/Networks assessment and development process – analysis, design, procure, test, and install.
- Hardware selection and implementation process – from RFP to system implementation and follow-up project/system evaluation.
- Systems/network upgrades and maintenance – bandwidth assessments, implementation, test, cutover, and evaluation.
- High level of competency in PCs including hardware configuration and installation.
- Telecommunications technologies such as video teleconferencing, web conferencing, handheld devices, and wireless environments.
- Business writing for the creation of policies, procedures, training materials, operations manuals, technical documentation, newsletters, and other IT-associated documents.
- Analytical skills related to solving problems in time-critical situations, particularly where relations must be maintained with potentially difficult systems users.
- Interpersonal skills at a level to function well in a wide range of administrative, management, and patient care environments and maintain a strong image of professional discipline.
DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of: Principles, and methods to identify, analyze, specify, design, and manage functional and infrastructure requirements; planning, organizing, prioritizing, and evaluating programs/projects; principles, methods, or tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources.
Ability to: advise others on pertinent technical and/or non-technical matters; plan efficient layouts, workflow procedures, and processes and then integrate these into a complete data processing systems plan; take action with limited guidance in agreed areas of responsibility in a calm and rational manner, particularly where the service delivery requirements must be maintained in a time-sensitive situation. Experience training computer users of all levels of expertise.
Applicants must be physically able to perform, efficiently and effectively, the essential duties of the position which typically require the ability to read without strain printed material the size of typewritten characters, glasses permitted, and the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, or the ability to compensate satisfactorily.
The incumbent of this position will work in an office environment with prolonged sitting and extended periods of working with a personal computer and in meetings with various users and vendors of the automated systems.
May be subject to long and irregular hours on an occasional basis; provides leave coverage for other members of the data processing team in the region; and provides evening and night coverage as required.
The position will pack/unpack and install/move computer equipment including but not limited to monitors, processor boxes, printers, uninterruptible power supplies, scanners, etc., as well as installation and troubleshooting of systems including reaching, bending, squatting, carrying, and accessing difficult spaces such as under desks, in closets/ceilings, and in/behind cabinets and other storage facilities.
Mental/Emotional Requirements: All applicants must possess emotional and mental stability appropriate to the job duties and responsibilities and working conditions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com