DATE POSTED: September 24, 2021
POSITION TITLE: KAUAI REGION HOSPITALIST
The Regional Hospitalist performs a variety of procedures in a rural hospital setting. Manages patients through the continuum of hospital care, seeing patients in the ER and following them into the critical care unit and organizing post-acute care. A Hospitalist main responsibility is to recommend and create comprehensive treatment plans for hospitalized patients. This includes working with the patient’s primary physician to create recovery plans for patients after they leave the hospital. required to perform orders treatments, tests, and consults with specialty physicians and primary care physician where appropriate. The Hospitalist Medical Director reports to the Kaua’i Region Hospitalist Medical Director, or its designee.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the records of hospitalized patients; includes updating information and charts and keeping track of new treatments, and monitoring patient progress
- Complete daily Rotations
- Review patient records and medical history
- Coordinate with the hospitalist team to determine the best course of treatment
- Perform regular rounds to monitor patient condition and improvements, making adjustments to treatment as necessary
- Accept care of critical patients from outside Emergency Personnel brought in via ambulance
- Answer patient questions about their condition and diagnose patients and develop treatment plans
- Order diagnostic tests from other medical providers
- Accurately Chart patient symptoms and behaviors
STATUS: Exempt / Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
LOCATION: Kaua’i Veterans Memorial Hospital – Waimea, Kaua’i, Hawai’i
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Education, Experience and Training:
Minimum of two (2) years of physician experience practicing medicine in a rural hospital setting and true passion for working with rural population with proven clinical skills and experience which demonstrate:
- Strong clinical knowledge and competence
- Knowledge of process improvement processes and approaches
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communications and relationship-building skills
- Ability to organize work, prioritize, and multi-task
- Ability to think Strategically
- Board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Practice with preferably a focus on hospitalist training.
- Active medical license in the State of Hawai’i.
- Active DEA registration.
- Completion of continuing education in practicing rural medicine.
- Excellent bedside manner.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and have limited periods of rest.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in the quality, financial, managerial, and marketing aspects of hospital medicine.
- Willingness to be on call for three (3) or more days in a row with minimal rest.
- Current certifications from the American Heart Association in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS).
Applicants must be physically able to perform, efficiently and effectively, the essential duties of the position which typically require the ability to read without strain printed material the size of typewritten characters, glasses permitted, and the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, or the ability to compensate satisfactorily.
Mental/Emotional Requirements: All applicants must possess emotional and mental stability appropriate to the job duties and responsibilities and working conditions.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. After receiving a conditional offer of employment, all prospective new HHSC employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New employees are required to provide confirmation of their full vaccination status by presenting their CDC vaccination card or VAMS Certificate prior to their start date.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org