***IMMEDIATE VACANCIES ARE LOCATED IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS***
HHSC Kaua’i Region Clinics
- #58257 – Permanent / Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
- #59307 – Permanent / Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
- #59308 – Permanent / Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
***Possession of specific certifications and level of experience may be required for certain positions. See below minimum qualification requirements***
JOB TITLE: MEDICAL ASSISTANT – FULL PERFORMANCE
RECRUITMENT NO.: KAUAI -KR321
JOB LOCATION: HHSC Kaua’i Region
SALARY: $3,870/month (HE07 ; BU10)
JOB FUNCTIONS: These positions are located under the Kaua’i Region Clinics, which consists of The Clinic at Waimea, The Clinic at Port Allen, The Clinic at Kalaheo, The Specialty Clinic at Kalaheo, The Clinic/Urgent Care at Po’ipu, as well as The Clinic at Kapa’a.
The Medical Assistants will be responsible to assist the clinical licensed staff by performing a variety of tasks in order to ensure that necessary patient care and related technical work are performed. These positions may be assigned to work with different specialties and in other clinic locations within the Kaua’i Region organization. In addition, the Medical Assistants may be subject to work on shifts, including evenings, and weekends and holidays depending on the operational needs. These positions will report to the Registered Professional Nurse IV (Clinic Nurse Manager), or its designee.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements. Please note that unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience are credited based on a 40-hour workweek. Also, please see below additional requirements according to the level of the position.
- Medical Assistant Certification (CCMA) from the National Healthcare Association (NHA); Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) from the American Medical Technologists (AMT); or National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) must be obtained at time of appointment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association must be obtained at the time of appointment.
Experience: One (1) year of progressively responsible work experience as a Medical Assistant in an Outpatient Clinic or similar health institution setting assisting professional licensed clinical staff in the provision of care to outpatient patients. Such experience must have demonstrated knowledge of emergency medical practices, techniques and procedures; functional anatomy and human physiology.
Licensure: Applicants must possess a valid license to drive in the State of Hawai’i.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
Demonstrated proficiency in the application of all of the knowledge and abilities, specified for the Full Performance level, in providing the full range of services to a caseload of patients. Knowledge of the policies, procedures and work rules of the work site.
Desirable Qualifications: Ability to handle emergency situations in a calm manner; ability to communicate and work effectively with distraught or agitated individuals.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must be physically able to perform, efficiently and effectively, the essential duties of the position which typically require the ability to read without strain printed material the size of typewritten characters, glasses permitted, and the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, or the ability to compensate satisfactorily. The following physical, sensory and mental requirements are generally stated and are not necessarily descriptive of any one position in this class.
- Sensory: Read typewritten and/or handwritten orders and notes in patient charts; observe changes in patient skin color; hear through a stethoscope to measure a patient’s blood pressure and listen for heart and lung sounds.
- Coordination and Dexterity: Apply dressings, slings and bandages; possess good bilateral hand and finger dexterity in order to assist physician and/or nurse.
- Strength and Stamina: Ability to stand, walk and stoop for extended period of time; lift, transfer, reposition, move patients; and subdue uncontrolled patients.
- Mobility: Move freely throughout the work setting and respond to emergency situations quickly.
Hazards: May be exposed to infectious diseases or hazardous substances. Exposure to radiation hazards on a daily basis
Mental/Emotional Requirements: All applicants must possess emotional and mental stability appropriate to the job duties and responsibilities and working conditions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org