DATE POSTED: June 6, 2022
POSITION TITLE: KAUAI REGION PEDIATRICIAN
This position functions as a Pediatrics staff physician for the Kauai Region Clinics of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. Kauai Region Clinics consist of Clinic at Waimea, Port Allen, Kalaheo, Specialty Clinic at Kalaheo, Urgent Care at Poipu, Specialty Clinic at Waimea. Kauai Region Clinics is part of the Kauai Region, Hawaii Health Systems Corporation, a public benefit corporation of the State of Hawaii.
This position reports to the Kaua’i Region Chief Medical Officer.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct regular thorough examinations on newborns and young children to check and record their health and normal physical development
- Review patient records and medical history
- Examine pediatric patients to determine their condition and ask intuitive questions to gather information about symptoms
- Answer patient questions about their condition and diagnose patients and develop treatment plans
- Order diagnostic tests from other medical providers
- Accurately Chart patient symptoms and behaviors
STATUS: Exempt / Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
LOCATION: Specialty Clinic at Kalaheo
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Education, Experience and Training:
- Strong clinical knowledge and competence in dealing with pediatric patients
- Possess strong compassion and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to relate to children.
- Ability to organize work, prioritize, and multi-task
- Exceptional understanding of various diseases that affect babies and children
- Ability to think Strategically
- Board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Practice with preferably a focus on hospitalist training.
- Active medical license in the State of Hawai’i.
- Active DEA registration
- Excellent bedside manner.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and have limited periods of rest.
- Willingness to be on call for three (3) or more days in a row with minimal rest.
- Current certifications from the American Heart Association in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
Applicants must be physically able to perform, efficiently and effectively, the essential duties of the position which typically require the ability to read without strain printed material the size of typewritten characters, glasses permitted, and the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, or the ability to compensate satisfactorily.
Mental/Emotional Requirements: All applicants must possess emotional and mental stability appropriate to the job duties and responsibilities and working conditions.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. After receiving a conditional offer of employment, all prospective new HHSC employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New employees are required to provide confirmation of their full vaccination status by presenting their CDC vaccination card or VAMS Certificate prior to their start date.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com