***IMMEDIATE VACANCIES IN THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS – ACTIVE RECRUITMENT UNTIL NEEDS ARE MET***
DATE POSTED: Updated on May 24, 2023
POSITION TITLE: PHYSICIAN
STATUS: Varies. See below.
LOCATION: These positions are located at Kaua’i Veterans Memorial Hospital (KVMH) and Samuel Mahelona Memorial Hospital (SMMH) of Kaua’i Region Healthcare Enterprises. The Kaua’i Region Healthcare Enterprises is a 501c3 tax-exempt organization of which the HHSC Kaua’i Region is its sole member. HHSC Kaua’i Region, a public benefit corporation of the State of Hawai’, includes KVMH, SMMH, and the Kaua’i Region Clinics, which consists of The Clinic at Waimea, The Clinic at Port Allen, The Clinic at Kalāheo, The Specialty Clinic at Kalāheo, The Clinic/Urgent Care at Po’ipū, and The Clinic at Kapa’a.
JOB FUNCTIONS: The position provides and manages direct medical evaluation, diagnosis, procedures, and care for patients within a recognized area of practice. or for a specified patient population. This position reports to the Regional Chief Medical Officer (CMO), position no. 109715, or its designee.
HHSC Kaua’i Region (KVMH, SMMH & Kaua’i Region Clinics)
- Internal Medicine – Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Internal Medicine – Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Staff Physician (Urgent Care) – Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Pediatrician – Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Hospitalist- Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Per Diem Hospitalist
- Per Diem Pediatrician
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements. Please note that unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience are credited based on a 40-hour workweek. All applicants are required to provide evidence of all applicable education, licenses, and certifications.
***Possession of specific certifications and level of experience may be required for certain positions.***
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of medicine/osteopathy with a degree of Doctor of Medicine/Osteopathy.
Licensure: Possession of an unencumbered license to practice medicine in the State of Hawai’i.
Current registration with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and a current State Controlled Substance license from the State of Hawai’i Department of Public Safety’s (DPS) Narcotics Enforcement Division (NED).
Experience: Two (2) years of professional experience as a practicing physician.
Certifications: Current certification issued by the American Heart Association for Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Workers.
Selective Certification: Specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities may be required to perform the duties of some positions. In such positions, applicants may be restricted to those who possess the pertinent experience and/or training required to perform the duties of the position.
HEALTH & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must meet the health and physical requirements deemed necessary to effectively and safely perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases.
- Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases.
- Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases.
- Occasional exposure to unpleasant patients or unit elements.
- Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances.
- Exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, illness, injury, and death).
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Handles emergency or crisis situations.
- Subject to many interruptions and irregular hours.
- Proficient in Electronic Medical Records systems.
- Requires judgment/action which could result in the death of a patient.
- Handles absentee replacement on short notice.
Nature of Available Guidelines Controlling the Work
Basic guidelines include the Hawai’i Revised Statutes, Hawai’i Health Systems Corporation Personnel Rules & Regulations, collective bargaining unit agreements and memoranda of agreements thereto, policies and procedures of the medical facility, Equal Employment Opportunity, and non-discrimination guidelines, both State and Federal, Medicare/Medicaid regulations, OBRA regulations, and requirements of the Joint Commission.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com