DATE POSTED: January 12, 2023
POSITION TITLE: REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL NURSE II
STATUS: Temporary WITH Benefits
SALARY: $6,982 per month at 1.0 FTE (SR18; BU09)
LOCATION: Kaua’i Veterans Memorial Hospital – Waimea, Kaua’i, HI
This position is located in the Intensive Care/Critical Care department at Kaua’i Veterans Memorial Hospital (KVMH) of the Hawai’i Health Systems Corporation (HHSC) Kaua’i Region. KVMH, along with Samuel Mahelona Memorial Hospital (SMMH) and The Kaua’i Region Clinics, which consists of The Clinic at Waimea, The Clinic at Port Allen, The Clinic at Kalāheo, The Specialty Clinic at Kalāheo, The Clinic/Urgent Care at Po’ipū, and The Clinic at Kapa’a, are all part of a public benefit corporation of the State of Hawai’i.
The Intensive Care/Critical Care Unit provides services for patients requiring primarily surgical patients or patients with serious cardiac conditions requiring the specialized services of the Coronary Care Unit.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Under the immediate supervision of a higher-level registered professional nurse, the Registered Professional Nurse (RPN) II receives orientation and guidance on nursing policies and procedures and nursing care techniques; develops and/or implements nursing care plans for assigned patients or clients; provides nursing care, treatment services, and/or health education information;
and performs other related duties as assigned. This position is subject to rotating shifts, work on holidays and weekends, and may be floated to other units as needed. The RPN II reports to the RPN V (Unit Nurse Manager), position no. 59229, or its designee.
- 13 paid holidays each year (14 during election years)
- 21 paid vacation days per year
- 21 paid sick days per year
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans
- Retirement and Deferred Compensation plans
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements. Please note that unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience may not be gained concurrently. In addition, qualifying work experiences are credited based on a 40-hour workweek.
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
Licensure: License to practice as a professional nurse in the State of Hawai’i. Applicants must submit evidence of current Hawai’i RN licensure (a copy of a valid license).
Experience: None required.
Certifications: Applicants are required to provide current certification from the American Heart Association in Basic Life Support (BLS) in Health Care Provider (adult, child, and infant) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS). Certifications in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and NIH Stroke Scale certifications must be obtained within six (6) months of employment.
DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of: Nursing theory and practice; biological, physical, social, and medicinal sciences as related to nursing theory and practice; nursing techniques and procedures; nursing literature and current trends and developments in nursing; Joint Commission requirements, and other federal, state, or private regulatory/review organizations.
Ability to: Apply nursing theory and practices to planning and giving nursing care; recognize, interpret and evaluate symptoms of patient’s condition and take appropriate action; plan and schedule the work of others and utilize the principles and practices of supervision; work effectively and cooperatively with patients, family members, medical staff and employees.
Applicants must be physically able to perform, efficiently and effectively, the essential duties of the position which typically require the ability to read without strain printed material the size of typewritten characters, glasses permitted, and the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, or the ability to compensate satisfactorily.
- Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.).
- Occasional prolonged standing/walking.
- Lifts, positions, pushes, and/or transfers patients.
- Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
- Accommodation: ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
- Color Vision: the ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases.
- Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases.
- Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases.
- Occasional exposure to unpleasant patients or unit elements.
- Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances.
- Exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, illness, injury, and death).
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Handles emergency or crisis situations.
- Subject to many interruptions.
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours.
- Requires judgment/action which could result in the death of a patient.
- Handles absentee replacement on short notice.
Tools, Equipment & Machines
- Personal computers & associated software
- Common office equipment (typewriter, photocopier, facsimile, adding machines)
- Diagnostic equipment
Mental/Emotional Requirements: All applicants must possess emotional and mental stability appropriate to the job duties and responsibilities and working conditions.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for Hawai’i Health Systems Corporation. After receiving a conditional offer of employment, all prospective new HHSC employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New employees are required to provide confirmation of their full vaccination status by presenting their CDC vaccination card or VAMS Certificate prior to their start date.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com